Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The Nose: Group Project Puppet Update


A different tact has been taken for the puppet head construction. They will now be made using a clay mould covered in paper mache and then cut. This will make the heads lighter and easier to manipulate as well as giving them a more finished appearance whilst maintaining the translucence qualities of the earlier versions. The model above is my first attempt and I am calling him The Nose: a middle aged, grumpy, city banker type. I do not want to make the characters too specific but I think it is necessary for them to hint at a certain ‘stock type’ so they have a universal feel in contrast to the more three dimensional realism of Mr and Mrs North. I have been working on achieving a more realistic face structure and then adding exaggerations to the features, as I still want the puppet crowd to contain an air of the grotesque. I will hold several days of puppet making next week; a timetable is on the notice board.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The head looks wicked; supremely pissed off! Obviously, I can instantly relate.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home